2020-10-15 Food & Wine Tasting
FOOD & WINE TASTING
Thursday, OCTOBER 15, 2020
Cost : $65 per person
- includes taxes and gratuity
- wines will be discounted for purchase and orders will be taken the evening of the event
- wines will be available for curbside pickup beginning Monday October 19
Make your sure to call 410-853-7484 for reservations.
WINES WILL BE DISCOUNTED FOR OFF and ON PREMISE PURCHASE
Many of you have expressed the desire to have a wine dinner or tasting. We have been carefully planning on how to host such an event and remain safe and socially responsible.
We have decided to hold a wine tasting accompanied by food. There will be strict guidelines implemented to keep both you and our staff safe.
- The tasting will be limited to a maximum of 32 guests
- Guests will be required to wear masks at all times except when seated at the tables
- Tables are spaced six feet apart.
- Minimum guests per table will be a party of 3
- Maximum guests per table will be a party of 6(very limited availability for parties of 6)
- Guests are not allowed to stand and congregate at the bar.
- Guests are not allowed to stand and congregate at tables. All attendees must be seated at all times unless to use the restrooms
- Each wine will be poured by our servers at the bar and delivered to your tables
- We would like for our guests to feel safe and enjoy the evening.
All rules will be enforced.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation
Our dear friend Alberto will be offering 4 wines for you to taste.
We will begin with two white wines served with: Smoked Scamorza & Marinated Roman Artichokes and Lentil & Sausage Soup
SARTARELLI, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi “Tralivio” 2018.
100% Verdicchio Grapes
“Bright straw. Very ripe, generous, showy aromas and flavors of white stone fruit, pomaceous orchard fruit and balsamic oils. Solid underlying acidity lifts the rich but juicy texture on the long, tactile finish, which features a strong marzipan presence. Made from grapes grown in the Tralivio vineyard and others in the area. A very rare estate in Italy that devotes itself completely to just one grape, Verdicchio. [The Sartarelli family] have raised Verdicchio wine making to an art form, and nobody produces as many successful wines from the grape as they do. Tralivio Verdicchio [is now] one of the best Verdicchio wines made anywhere.” – Ian D’Agata, VinousMedia.
ERMANNO COSTA, Chardonnay “Balin” 2019.
100% Chardonnay Grapes
Hailing from a small farm in Roero this 100% Chardonnay will surprise you with the pure fruit sensation and great minerality. Totally produced in stainless steel tanks. The quality of the fruit and the production procedures create a pure fruit experience for those who eschew overwhelming oak in their white wines.
The red wines will be served with: Cheese ravioli in a tomato roasted butternut squash sauce and Slow roasted short ribs in ragu
COLTERENZIO, Pinot Nero Riserva “St. Daniel” 2016
100% Pinot Noir Grapes
Medium-intense garnet; red colour a seductive bouquet of cherry, damsons, red fruits and cinnamon; medium-rich on the palate, supple and luscious with flavours of black and red berries, velvety tannins and discreet hints of oak spice.
92 Points James Suckling.
ERMANNO COSTA, Rosso Piemonte “Alba”
60% Nebbiolo 40% Barbera Grapes
A combination of 60% Nebbiolo and 40% Barbera perfectly expresses the inherent acidity and structure of the Barbera with the elegance and tannin of Nebbiolo. Intensely ruby red in color with a persistent nose of red raspberry and blackberry. Refined in french oak tonneaux for 20 months before bottling.